After completing your basic profile and selecting a payment method, you will be asked to submit a tax form. Agencies operating in the United States are required to collect these forms for tax reporting purposes.

In most cases, you will need to complete one of the following forms:

Form types
W-9 For US residents who earned money from an Agency based in the US.
W-8-BEN For non-US residents (individuals) who earned money from an Agency based in the US.
W-8BEN-E For non-US residents (entities) who earned money from an Agency based in the US.

Alternatively, you can use the Tax Form Wizard provided on the Tax Form Selection page to help point you to the right form. 

Submitting a Tax Form

  1. From your Dashboard, click on the Agency you want to access. 
  2. If this is your first time submitting your information, you will be prompted to submit a tax form immediately after adding a payment method. If you have already submitted a tax form and wish to update your details or submit a new tax form, click on + Complete a Tax Form (marked below). 
  3. In order to determine which tax form is applicable to you, you will have to answer two questions: Are you a U.S. Person, and are you getting paid as an Individual or as a Corporation?

    You are a U.S. Person if any of the following apply to you:
    – An individual who is a US citizen or US resident alien.
    – A partnership, limited liability company, corporation, company, or association created or organized in the United States or under the laws of the United States.
    – An estate (other than a foreign estate), or A domestic trust (as defined in US tax regulations).

    If you are unsure about how to answer this question, you can also try our Tax Form Wizard. You can also upload a form directly if you have manually completed a form. 
  4. Once you certify that the information provided is correct, you will be taken to the next page where you will fill out the necessary information for your tax form. Please remember that your country of residence/citizenship may make you eligible for special rates and/or benefits based on tax treaties. In order to claim these tax treaty benefits, you will need to supply your foreign tax identification number.
    Not sure what your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is? Read more about TINs here - Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
  5. Review the information you provided and certify that information by signing and completing your tax form. 

Congratulations! 🎉 Once you've submitted a payment method and a tax form, you will be able to receive your payment.

Our team works around the clock to make payouts, which means that once your information is approved, you will be paid within just a few business days – sometimes even faster than that. 

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful